Saturday, April 14, 2007

Gotta love a gal with an anvil...

So, the title has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I saw the first part of "Fool for Love" last night and that line stuck in my head, lol. So, not much going on, same old boring me.

The other day my sister wanted to take her car out and practice driving (it's standard) and she wanted me to go with her. My dad is teaching her, but they've only gone out twice I think. So anyway i got in the car with her and she started it and let off the clutch as she pressed on the gas in 1st gear and bam it died. So she tried again. Bam, it stalled again. So again and again it stalled. This went on for about 10 more tries.

She couldn't figure out what she was doing wrong and it was at the point where we were both starting to laugh hysterically because you know that's what you do when something is frustrating the shit out of you and that's just your coping mechanism. I was trying to encourage her and she was doing the Buffy sob thing from "Life Serial" where she's doing the time loop in the Magic Box, it was hilarious.

Well, i was leaning over to watch what she was doing with her feet and noticed that the parking brake was still up. I said, "Is this supposed to be up or down?", and she looked, said, "Don't you dare tell dad," and put it down and started the car again and voila, it started and she was able to take off without a single hitch. I thought it was hilarious and she just made me swear that i wouldn't tell our parents. I was like, "yeah right, i was in the car too, with the fucking parking brake up, i don't want to tell anymore than you do."

So we drove around for about 20 minutes, she did really well, first gear is a bitch though. She stalled out a few more times trying to get out of first gear, and then we cracked up remembering Spike and Giles in "A New Man" when Giles is having Spike drive him around and they argue about the car,

Giles: If you can't find third gear, don't try for third gear!

Spike: I'm doing my best.� I don't know if I'm driving this thing or wearing it.

Giles: It's perfectly serviceable.

and then later,

Giles: "Down shift! Down shift!", as he tells Spike to turn suddenly and Spike turns quickly and the car makes horrendous noises.

It's just hilarious and adorable and that's what we were thinking about. And also, my sister said, well Buffy can't drive either, rememeber, "Cars and Buffy are like unmixy things", so there you have it, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is relatable to all things.

Anyway the whole situation just makes me love my car and its automatic simplicity. I mean good God, to have to do that much thinking to just fucking drive and stop the damn car at a stop sign or to have to do certain things to stop suddenly when some jerk pulls out in front of you. I'll take my beautiful car any day over that. But i do know that i need to learn as well, so that someday I can drive some bad ass car like a Viper or something that only comes stick.

Also, today my sister and I were watching "Clifford the Big Red Dog", I love PBS cartoons, and at the end during the part where they tell kids to read and talk about the sponsors for the show, one of the things says, "so visit your local library and be the best read dog on your block", and my sister was like "oh my god, i just got that!", and I said "you just got what?", and she said "I always thought they just meant "be the best red dog on your block" and that never made any sense to me, but literally like just this second i realized that it was meant as "read" not "red" and i was like, "oh my god you dumbass, its a play on words, you are monumentally stupid." I thought that was supremely funny and it's nice to know that in some ways my sister is not as smart as I am.

So, i bought some Spike comics the other day from the kick ass comic shop here. They had to special order them for me and they got in on Wednesday. I was so excited about them, that Tuesday night i dreamt about them, lol. Anyway, i got the Spike Asylum series and the Spike vs. Dracula series. I loved them. The Spike Asylum series was fantastic. I will definitely be reading that again. The writer got Spike's voice down so perfectly and the art was pretty kick ass most of the way through. I loved the story and could totally see and hear Spike.

The Spike vs. Dracula story was very cool too, very interesting and a very Spikeish hilarious reason for Spike telling Riley in "Buffy vs. Dracula" that Drac owed him 11 pounds. I loved that. The story was really cool, but the art was very hit and miss, a lot of the time Spike looked like an old man, and then in the last part, all the drawings looked strange, like they all had these really huge mouths and just looked strange. But sometimes the art was really great and I loved it. Just the missteps detracted from total enjoyment.

Look at me, talking about comic book art and voice as though i were some kind of comic book expert, lol. Joss Whedon, look what you have done to me. But i have fully accepted my destiny as a geek. I read fanfic, canon and noncanon comics, i have a Spike doll, I have a piece of wood my brother found for me outside that looks like a stake sitting on my desk next to the Spike doll, i contribute to Buffy podcasts, wax poetic on various relationships on the show, I post on websites about the show and enter contests about how Buffy changed my life, I literally talk about Buffy the Vampire Slayer everyday, spouting off bits of dialogue, and talking bout things that occupy my thoughts concerning the show, yep, I'm a full blown nerd, but I'm going to think of it as nerd chic, add chic to anything and its insta-glamour.

Besides i think its kinda cool, i feel this odd air of superiority and coolness when i walk into the comic shop and ask for the comics in my pull list. I'm sure the guys working there think I'm a complete freak, but oh well, for Buffy I will do much. K, well i suppose that's all for now, maybe I'll go post on livejournal now, so they actually have different content, lol.

"I've got a perfect body, but sometimes I forget,
I've got a perfect body, 'cause my eyelashes catch my sweat, yes they do. They do."
"Folding Chair" Regina Spektor

Love that line, it's just a cute way to say appreciate the little things about your body, you don't have to have Jessica Alba's body to love what you've got and be thankful for it, though her body would be damn nice to have. Anyway that's all.
Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home