Friday, April 20, 2007

A 4 friend...

So, tonight i got to hang out with my bestest friend in the whole wide world and just talk for a few hours. We hadn't done that in forever. It was the most fun I've had in a long time.

It was so great to just finally be able to talk about the stuff i want to talk about with him that's not always the best conversation material when you're on your cell phones driving in the car or something. It just made me realize how lucky i am to have someone as great as he is. Some people don't have a best friend, someone they can tell absolutely everything to, no matter how silly or stupid or depressing or dark it is, and know that that friend is gonna listen and know where you're coming from or try to at least, and still love you after it's all said and done.

That's what i have and i am so fucking lucky, i know that. I should definitely be a better friend, because he's just so awesome that sometimes i think i don't deserve to have someone be as good to me as he is.

We just talked about all the baseball shit going on with my brothers team and those fucking lying ass bitches that piss me the fuck off and I will have to blog about that another time, i have not the strength to deal with that right now, and we talked about him and his breakup, i read a blog he posted on his myspace and i swear to god, if i had been alone and read that i would have cried, i had to try hard not to, and we talked about where we are in our lives and about trying to do better, we talked about sugar and caffeine, (i thought sugar was caffeine, he said it wasn't, he won that round) and we just talked about music and stuff.

I also told him about this time i remembered from when we were in like 9th grade, or maybe it was the summer before 10th grade, and we were reading something in this magazine that was talking about friendship and it gave different rankings to different kinds of friends, from like 5 which was a best friend, the closest person to you that you can tell everything to, and 4 being a really good friend but not someone you share everything with and so on, and after we read it i remember asking him what he would rank me and he said, "hmmm, i guess you would be a 4" and i told him that really made me sad, and i was like, "oh, a 4, that's cool" in this like kind of hurt, dejected tone, and then i remember he said, "no i guess i would say you're a 5" and we just laughed and laughed about it.

People just don't realize how lucky i am to have him, or maybe they do and they're really jealous as they well should be. So basically my best friend rocks the fucking house and everyone else should be supremely jealous, and hey, if my sister says i said, gay friends are awesome for several reasons one of which is because they're a status symbol like having a labradoodle, don't believe her, it's fucking lies, lol.

I suppose that's it, I'll come back and write about the baseball fucked up shit going on another time.

"I'm looking in on the good life i might be doomed never to find.
Without a trust or flaming fields am i too dumb to refine?
And if you'd 'a took to me like
Well i'd a danced like the queen of the eyesores
And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well." "New Slang" The Shins

Don't know why i love this song so much, I'm not 100% sure what it all means, but i love the lyrics and i love the sound so there you go. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home